Friday, March 4, 2011


Say hello to the new love of my life, Garth.

It's friday night, my obligations are done and despite the all too tempting opportunity; I decided to be a responsible paramedic student and only lost an hour for the inconvenience.

So, I'm at starbucks sitting outside because a.) it's gorgeous out with a lovely breeze that's borderline chilly and b.) there's no seats inside.

Grande chai tea latte with non-fat milk (I call it fat free, non-fat just sounds like an asshole).
Can't be too bad for me, especially considering the only food Ive eaten today has been a mini corn muffin on my way out the door and a Quaker chewy bar. I also don't plan on eating for the rest of the night. Well, not so much plan, but I'm simply not hungry. I was hoping my bff would meet me up here because I miss him something serious and I have things I want to tell him, things I want to ramble about and I miss his face.

I ran twice today which, is pretty unheard of whilst working on this twenty-four/forty-eight shift and medic school full time. But it happened and my skin seems to fit right again.
I spend my life focusing on things I can't control and spazzing out of my own flesh, sometimes it's nice to settle into my bones; let my mind take a breather and my nerves cool.

I also slept for eleven hours. That doesn't happen either. I'm on my thirtieth (give or take) day of work in a row and the most sleep I've gotten has been somewhere around four to no hours of sleep a night. I didn't even remember him coming home.

"Running in the morning has me appreciate all the choices that come later in the day. The choices I make after running seem healthier, wiser and kinder." -Deena Kastor




No comments:

Post a Comment