Tuesday, June 15, 2010



"Out on the roads there is
fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be."


Dr. George Sheehan


You know you live with a runner when this is what you see by the front door.
Yes, they are all mine and yes, they are all asics.


I feel good. I mean, I'm sore and exhausted but in a good way. I'm stepping back into my skin and finding the person I missed the most; myself. My good self.

I've immersed myself back into fitness and more than just running. I'm doing it right this time (or at least attempting to) by eating right.I'm forcing myself to eat before runs and listen to my body. Because my body is smart and I have a lot to learn from it. It's my temple and it may not be perfect but there's nothing more personal than me.


I'm also spazing less and my moods are better. I think it's because I have so much going on in my head all the time that it gets all knotted up and the gears jam. I need that release, that quiet time, that therapy to un-tangle all the mess- or at least attempt to.

work in the morning. Well actually I'm going back to the twilight zone for a few hours to hear about "customer service" and then I'm going to whatever station they decide to send me to. It'll be my day of "rest" from running.

No comments:

Post a Comment