Saturday, March 13, 2010

Look at me now


Spent the night in a suite with him. Italian food, a soft bed, and tired eyes.


I still got it!
I ran four miles on the treadmill this morning on the "hill/strength training" mode. Then did an hour of strength training (core, arms, and shoulders) When I got home I spent another hour and a half hanging and climbing on beams fixing the roof on the barn, then took tank running around the lake (twice!). I did over six miles, probably a hair under seven (if not seven) and I feel amazing. My knee has a dull pain but I had this.. I can't even explain it. It felt like coming home after a long absence. It felt like crawling under a warm blanket after being out in the cold all day. It felt like home, it felt like I was at peace.

Suddenly, I came to terms with my life and I grabbed it by the horns. I have the control and I was coping. All the things I quietly absorbed, I was releasing. I didn't want to stop, I wanted to just keep running until morning but Tank was tired and my knee still isn't completely healed.
But god, it was such a high.

Between yesterday and today I feel great. I needed to get out of here, I needed to get away from all the familiarity screaming down on me. I needed to get out of it so I could deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment