Thursday, October 7, 2010

"The battles that count aren't the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself - the
invisible, inevitable battles inside all of us - that's where it's at."

Jesse Owens, American track and field athlete and Olympic gold medal winner



I start sentences off with things like, "I found a way to make me more interesting" and I follow it with talking about a new local coffee shop I found about 6 blocks from my house. The music is good and I love sitting next to the window, alone, with hot tea and my textbooks.

Because I think things like that make me more interesting, vs my usual corner seat at panera hiding behind a laptop screen and underneath textbooks and notepads.

I bought a new journal. I agonized and paced the back wall. I held a dozen in my hands. I weighed them in my palm, I flipped through the pages, I examined the width between the lines, and I pictured them in my backpack or my The Greater Good bag.

and I'm addicted to hot tea and candy corn.

THAT is the kind of 20 year old I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment